~ Contents ~ Basic Text Talk ~ Topic 1 ~ Introducing Yourself ~
A) Hello. My name is __________________ . What's your name?
B) My name is _________________ . Good to meet you.
A) It's good to meet you, too. Where do you live?
B) I live in __________________________________ .
A) What do you like to do in your free time?
B) I like to _______________________ and _________________________ .
A) How many members are there in your family?
B) There are _______________ : my _______________, my _____________ ,
my ___________________ , and me.
A) What is your favorite food?
B) I really like eating _____________________ and _____________________ .
A) What is one food you don't like?
B) I don't much like ____________________________ .
A) What is one thing you don't like doing (don't like to do) ?
B) I don't like _________________________________ .
A) Why not?
B) _____________________________________________________ .
1) To begin with, as a class, in groups, in pairs, look up, talk about, and practice the role play vocabulary
2) Then, fill in the blanks according to the topic (assisted by students, the teacher, and the internet)
3) After that, as a class, in groups, or in pairs, practice the role plays you have created
4) Next, try to make variations in your responses (remember role plays doní»t have to be true)
5) Finally, perform your role play in front of the class with a partner or several partners
(Challenge yourself by performing the role play with no written cues. Enjoy the process)
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2019. All rights reserved.
TLW ~ Basic English ~ Role Plays and Structures