~ Dialog ~ Topic 22 ~ Science and Technology ~ Choose the questions you like ~
1) What is the difference between science and technology? Discuss.
2) In your opinion, what are some of the greatest technological achievements? Explain.
3) What kind of employment is, or will be, available in the fields of science? Biology? Physics? Chemistry? Other?
4) How do you think science and technology will change the world in the next 10/30/50/100 years? Explain.
5) Do you think science will eventually replace religion? Why or why not? Discuss.
1) How has technology changed the way we communicate with friends, family, in business? Discuss.
2) How has technology changed the way we receive news? Does more information make a safer world? Explain.
3) How has technology changed the way we are educated and/or the way teachers teach? Explain.
4 How has technology changed the way we approach medicine, health, and healing? Is it always positive? Discuss.
5) In general, do you think humankind is better or worse off with science and technology? Give reasons.
1) Should the cloning of plants, animals, pets, or humans be made legal? Discuss.
2) What is your opinion regarding GM (genetically modified) crops or livestock? Discuss.
3) Do you buy organic food? Why or why not? What food? How often? Discuss.
5) What is the relationship science, technology, and food? What are the positive/negative influences? Discuss.
1) What do you think are some positive and negative influences regarding the use of mobile devices? Discuss.
2) Do you think phone or computer games benefit the users? If so, how? If not, why not? Explain.
3) Have you ever used social media? If so, talk about it. Can social media improve the quality of life? How?
4) Do you think internet privacy is an important issue? Explain. Discuss the possible future of this issue?
5) Do you think robots have caused unemployment, that is, replaced humans in the workforce? Discuss.
1) Do you think global warming is a serious issue? Do we have the technology and/or will to reverse it? Discuss.
2) If we have the technology to produce alternative energy, why don't we ban fossil fuels? Explain.
3) What are some problems in the transition from fossil fuels to other forms of energy? Explain.
4) Is solar power a real possibility for providing homes and transport a source of efficient energy? Discuss.
5) Do you still feel the same way about science and technology as you did 10/20/30+ years ago? Explain.
~ Discuss with a teacher, in pairs, or in groups ~ Then share your results in a classroom discussion ~
1) To begin with, in groups or in pairs, select the questions you¡¯d like to talk about.
2) Then, in pairs or in groups, ask questions and share ideas in your conversations .
3) Finally, share your ideas (as a whole) in a classroom discussion (with all pairs/groups).
~ TLW ~ Conversation Questions and Shared Dialog ~
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2019. All rights reserved.