~ Discuss with a teacher, in pairs, or in groups ~ Then share your results in a classroom discussion ~
1) To begin with, in groups or in pairs, select the questions you¡¯d like to talk about.
2) Then, in pairs or in groups, ask questions and share ideas in your conversations .
3) Finally, share your ideas (as a whole) in a classroom discussion (with all pairs/groups).
~ Dialog ~ Topic 23 ~ Travel ~ Choose the questions you like ~
1) Have you ever been abroad? Where have you traveled? If not, where would you like to go? Share your stories.
2) Where have you travelled in your own country? What are your favorite places? Share your stories.
3) Who do you like travelling with? Do you like travelling alone? Have you ever met someone on your travels? Tell.
4) Have you ever been in a difficult or dangerous situation while traveling? Was it resolved? How?
5) Have you ever taken a package tour? Talk about it. What are the differences between package and ¡°free¡± travel?
1) What are your favorite things to do when you travel? Do you like the famous sites or prefer ¡°off the beaten track¡±?
2) Where do you want to go the next time you travel? Why do you like this destination? Do you have any plans yet?
3) Would you like to take a cruise? If yes, why and where would you go? If no, what don¡¯t you like about cruises?
4) What are some popular tourist destinations in your country? What are some good places off the beaten track?
5) Do you prefer travelling where there are a lot of people (cities) or few people (countryside)? Explain.
1) Have you ever travelled to the same place more than once in your country or abroad? What brings you back?
2) Have you ever been backpacking abroad? Talk about it. Describe your favorite method of travel/places to stay.
3) Do you think your country is safe for travelers? Explain. How can travelers avoid unsafe situations? Explain.
4) Do you agree with the proverb, ¡°When in Rome, do as the Romans do¡±? What does it mean to you?
5) Describe interesting people you¡¯ve met on your travels. Do you think of them often? Do you keep in touch?
Group D: Discuss the following travel quotes
1) ¡°Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.¡± – Mark Twain
2) ¡°The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.¡± – St. Augustine
3) ¡°There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.¡± – Robert Louis Stevenson
4) ¡°A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.¡± – John Steinbeck
5) ¡°One¡¯s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.¡± – Henry Miller
Group E: Discuss the following travel quotes
1) ¡°A traveler without observation is a bird without wings.¡± – Moslih Eddin Saadi
2) ¡°Tourists don¡¯t know where they¡¯ve been, travelers don¡¯t know where they¡¯re going.¡± – Paul Theroux
3) ¡°A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.¡± – Lao Tzu
4) ¡°Not all those who wander are lost.¡± – J. R. R. Tolkien
5) ¡°Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.¡± – Anatole France
~ TLW ~ Conversation Questions and Shared Dialog ~
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2019. All rights reserved.