~ Contents ~ Travel Talk ~ Topic 2 ~ Talking About Schedules ~
1) To begin with, as a class, in groups, in pairs, look up, talk about, and practice the role play vocabulary
2) Then, fill in the blanks according to the topic (assisted by students, the teacher, and the internet)
3) After that, as a class, in groups, or in pairs, practice the role plays you have created
4) Next, try to make variations in your responses (remember role plays doní»t have to be true)
5) Finally, perform your role play in front of the class with a partner or several partners
(Challenge yourself by performing the role play with no written cues. Enjoy the process)
Pre-Talk ~ Adverbs of Frequency ~
Do you ever ___________________________________________ ?
Verb + Pronoun + "Ever" + Object
Do you ever play golf?
Do they ever have a party?
Does he ever give us homework?
Does she ever get angry?
Does it ever snow in Alaska?
Yes/No/X Pronoun Adverb Object
1) No, I never _________________________________ . (0%)
2) I rarely ____________________________________ . (1 to 10%)
3) I seldom ___________________________________ . (10 to 15%)
4) Yes, I occasionally _____________________________ . (15 to 30%)
5) Yes, I sometimes ______________________________ . (30 to 55%)
6) Yes, I usually _________________________________ . (55% to 75%)
7) Yes, I often ___________________________________ . (75 to 85%)
8) Yes, I frequently ________________________________ . (85 to 95%)
9) Yes, I always ___________________________________ . (95 to 100%)
Talk ~ Role Play
A) What is your schedule like these days?
B) On weekdays, I have to ________________________________________ .
A) What else do you have to do?
B) I sometimes have to ___________________________________________________?
A) Do you ever have to __________________________________________ ?
B) Not very often, I doní»t much like __________________________________ .
A) Then, what do your weekends look like?
B) Ití»s better on the weekends. Ií»m not as busy as during the week.
A) Do you have lots of free time?
B) I have to ________________________ on Saturday, but my Sundays are free.
A) How do you spend your time on Sundays? Do you have a regular schedule?
B) Are you kidding? I need my R and R...
A) What do you mean í░R and Rí▒?
B) Rest and relaxation. I usually ________________ or __________________ .
TLW ~ Travel English Role Plays and Vocabulary
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2018. All rights reserved.