~ Match the questions with the answers below:
1) What seasonings do you use at home? Tell.
2) Do you worry about preservatives? Why or why not?
3) What restaurant, that you go to, is the most nutritious? Tell.
4) Do you ever talk about nutrition? Who with? What subjects?
5) Do you ever watch nutrition programs on TV? What kinds?
6) Do you take supplements or vitamins? What kind? Why?
7) Do you think our minds can support or diminish health? Tell.
~ Match the answers with the questions above:
A) The places that serve traditional food seem best.
B) Yes. I¡¯m concerned about chemicals in our food. What to do?
C) Maybe. Perhaps our mood aids in digestion.
D) I watch lots of these shows, but I¡¯m still a few kilograms overweight.
E) No. I don¡¯t think such tablets or gels do anything positive.
F) I get a spice mix from my Nepalese friend. I use it all the time.
G) Yes, but I try to avoid people who are obsessed with the topic.
Now: In pairs, groups, or as a class, answer the questions above according to your own experience
Next: Make your own questions related to the topic, vocabulary, or structure presented
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2018. All rights reserved.
TLW ~ Basic English ~ Vocabulary for Speaking
~ Contents ~ Vocabulary ~ Topic 13 ~ Nutrition ~
1) Example one: ¡°most¡± and ¡°least¡± + adjective
Q) What is the most/least nutritious food in the world?
A1) I think salmon is the most nutritious.
A2) I think potato chips are the least nutritious.
2) Example two a: ¡°best¡± and ¡°worst¡± + noun
Q) Who has the best/worst eating habits (among the people) you know?
A1) I think I have the best eating habits.
A2) I think my cousin has the worst eating habits.
Generally speaking, this is the common grammar¡¦ Exceptions? Yes.
1) Is the fat in all food the same? Which is the worst? Explain.
2) Are protein diets (Atkins) the best choice? Why? Why not? Tell.
3) What kind of foods have the best/worst cholesterol? Explain.
4) Which vitamins are the most effective for you? Tell.
5) Which minerals are the best for people who exercise a lot? Tell.
6) Are herbal remedies the least effective cure? Debate.
7) What is the most popular supplement these days? Tell.
8) Is organic online food the best option for your family? Explain.
9) Are you worried about food contaminants? Which are the worst?
10) Is global food shortage the most important issue now? Explain.
How to Make a Lesson ~ Procedures
1) To begin with, as a class, in groups, or in pairs, look up, talk about, and introduce the structure
2) Then, create new questions together using structure and vocabulary. Consult vocabulary list
3) After that, as a class, in groups, or in pairs, match the questions and answers in the third section
4) Next, select and answer any of the questions in your own way from your own experience
5) Include as many students as possible and endeavor to create a discussion based on the Q and A
(Challenge yourself by creating your own questions with the given vocabulary and structure)
Section Two: Vocabulary ~ Nutrition ~