~ Topic 24 ~ Sports ~ Choose the questions you like ~
1) Do you currently play any sports? How long have you been engaged in this/these sports?
2) Are you a member of any sports team? If not, have you ever been? What was your experience?
3) Are you in good shape? If so, how do you do it? If not, what is the problem?
4) Did your high school have any sports teams? Did you participate in any of them? Tell the tale.
5) Do you jog or use the treadmill/walking machine? How often? How long? Where? With whom?
1) Do you play golf? When did you learn? Is it expensive? Who do you play with? When? How long?
2) Do you like to exercise? If so, why? If not, why not? What is the most interesting exercise?
3) Do you play tennis? When did you learn? Who do you play with? When? Is it healthy?
4) Do you like winter sports (skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice-skating, sledding, etc.) ?
5) Do you like to watch sports on TV? Which sports? What teams? How often? Where?
1) Do you like watching car races? wrestling? boxing? extreme sports? Why do you think so?
2) Do you think athletes earn enough money, not enough money, or too much money? Explain.
3) Do you think sports can contribute to global peace and stability? How can this be so?
4) Do you think playing sports help people learn how to work together? Explain.
5) Are parents are too involved in their children's sports activities in your country? Explain.
1) How often do you exercise? What do you do? Do you like it? What keeps you motivated?
2) When was the last time you went to a sporting event? Who did you go with? How was it?
3) Did you learn to swim as a child? What was your experience? When did you last take a swim?
4) Which sport would you not let your child play? Why? Which would you encourage? Why?
5) Who do you think is the best all around athlete in the world? In your country? Why?
1) Does it bother you that people gamble on sporting events? If so, why?
2) Is fishing/hunting viewed as a sport in your country/culture? What's your viewpoint?
3) If you had the opportunity to do away with any sport, which would it be? Why?
4) Which sports do women in your country/culture like best? Why?
5) Which sports do men in your country/culture like best? Why?
“Honor your mistakes, they will lead to learning...
Through this learning, more mistakes will be made…
Through this process, mistakes are no longer mistakes…
They become the act of learning.”
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2020. All rights reserved.
~ Making a Lesson ~
1) To begin with, in groups, in pairs, or as a class, select the questions you’d like to talk about.
2) Then, in pairs or in groups, ask questions and share ideas in your conversations.
3) Finally, share your ideas (each individual) in a classroom discussion.
~ TLW ~ Conversation Questions for Free Talking ~