~ Contents ~ Vocabulary ~ Topic 10 ~ Marketplaces ~
Section One: Structure ~ “Last” + Noun ~
The simple past tense (be) uses “last” as an adjective to mean “most recent”
Simple Form 1: last + noun + object only
Q) How was your last check-up at the dentist?
A) My last check-up didn’t go too well.
Simple Form 2: last + noun + pronoun/noun + past verb + object
Q) When was the last time you visited your parents?
A) The last time I visited them was a month ago.
1) When was the last time you ate steak/raw fish/ramen? Where?
2) Who was the last person you saw before coming here today?
3) What was the last thing you did on New Year’s Eve last year?
4) Where was the last place you had an argument with someone?
5) How was your last day in high school/university? What did you do?
6) When was the last time you saw a concert? Where?
7) Who was the last person you had coffee with? Tell.
8) What was the last TV show you watched last night? Explain.
9) Where was the last place you traveled? What did you do?
10) How was your last holiday/vacation? What did you do? Tell.
Section Two: Vocabulary Self Study ~ Marketplaces ~
TLW ~ Pre to Intermediate ~ Lesson 10
How to Make a Lesson ~ Procedures ~
1) In section one , briefly talk about the structure, then take turns asking and answering the questions.
2) Next, create new questions using the structure and/or the vocabulary list in section two.
3) After that, match the questions and answers in the third section. Explain and discuss your choices.
4) Finally, select and answer any of these questions in your own way/from your own experiences.
5) Take fair turns. Include as many students as possible. Create your own questions from any source.
Section Three: Matching Q and A ~
~ Match the questions with the answers
~ Discuss your choices:
1) Do you ever buy spices or herbs at markets? What for?
2) Who was the last vendor you haggled with? Do you often haggle?
3) Do you like supermarkets? How long
do you stay? Describe.
4) Do you ever go to fairs
or festivals? Why or why not?
5) When was the last time you went to a
flea market? Tell.
6) When was the last time you bought
fresh fish or meat? What for?
7) Do you have a favorite market stall for a snack? Tell about it.
A) No, too many carts. People are sometimes rude and it’s too bright.
B) I bought some offal at the market today:
C) Yes. There’s a great donut stand on my
D) I can’t remember, but I bought
a bunch of LP records there.
E) Yes, on many occasions, especially
to enhance soups and stews.
F) Yes. I’m always looking out for them. I love the music, the people, and the ambience.
G) I always bargain with the veggie woman. She’s reasonable and kind.
“Honor your mistakes, they will lead to learning...
Through this learning, more mistakes will be made…
Through this process, mistakes are no longer mistakes…
They become the act of learning.”
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2020. All rights reserved.