~ Contents ~ Vocabulary ~ Topic 12 ~ Music and Art ~
Section One: Structure ~ Conditionals: Two forms ~
1) Example one: If + present verb —> future as verb
Q: If you eat too much ramen, how will you feel?
a) If I eat too much ramen, I won’t feel good.
b) I won’t feel good if I eat too much ramen.
2) Example two: If + past verb —> would as verb
Q) If you dank too much whiskey, what would you do?
a) If I drank too much whiskey, I would take a bath.
b) I would take a bath if I drank too much whiskey.
1) What kind of music will you listen to if you do housework? Explain.
2) If you went to an exhibition, who would you go with? Why? Which artist?
3) Would you play music or watch TV if you invited a friend to your home? Tell.
6) If you see graffiti near your home, will you be angry? Tell.
9) Which instrument would you play if you had the skill? Why?
10) If you met Picasso (or any artist), what would you eat and drink? Tell.
Section Two: Vocabulary Self Study ~ Music and Art ~
TLW ~ Pre to Intermediate ~ Lesson 12
How to Make a Lesson ~ Procedures ~
1) In section one , briefly talk about the structure, then take turns asking and answering the questions.
2) Next, create new questions using the structure and/or the vocabulary list in section two.
3) After that, match the questions and answers in the third section. Explain and discuss your choices.
4) Finally, select and answer any of these questions in your own way/from your own experiences.
5) Take fair turns. Include as many students as possible. Create your own questions from any source.
Section Three: Matching Q and A ~
~ Match the questions with the answers
~ Discuss your choices:
1) What music will you play if you have a party? Why? Who for?
2) Which artist would you choose if you wanted a portrait? Why?
3) If you go to a restaurant, what will you likely see on the walls? Explain.
4) If you talk about art or music, who with and what subjects? Who not with?
5) If you go to another country, will you visit any museums? Why? Why not?
6) If you knew Van Gogh in his time, would you help him? Explain.
7) What kind of concert or exhibition would you like to go to? Wouldn’t go?
A) I would go to an event on or near a beach
but never to an LED light show.
B) No. I think lots of good art can be enjoyed
outdoors. Big, old buildings are stuffy.
D) I would talk with my university alumni, but
never with my parents.
E) I would play Motown. I probably wouldn’t
play anything you couldn’t dance to.
F) Probably a lot of kitsch, like cheap prints,
but there are exceptions. Like local art.
G) Yes, but I would avoid being around him.
Maybe the lead made him sick. Who knows...
“Honor your mistakes, they will lead to learning...
Through this learning, more mistakes will be made…
Through this process, mistakes are no longer mistakes…
They become the act of learning.”
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2020. All rights reserved.