~ Writing ~ Topic 1~04 ~ Technology ~
~ How to Make a Lesson ~ Procedures ~
1) To begin with, as a class, in groups, in pairs, or by yourself, talk about, and practice the vocabulary.
2) Then, make a sentence (or sentences) relating to the topic (assisted by the teacher).
3) Next, as a class, edit your text to identify questions/errors ~
The teacher will snap a photo and present your text on the screen.
4) Finally, read your revised text to the class. Give and receive feedback and talk about the text as a class.
1) Vocabulary: Look up, translate, and talk about the words. Add your own words to the list.
2) Writing: Write a sentence or sentences regarding the topic.
3) Speaking: Edit mistakes together. Talk about your efforts. Make conversation.
1) smart phone
2) 5G broadband
7) log in/log out
9) application (app)
1) Word to Sentence ~ take/took/will or going to take
Use three basic forms of words to write three sentences: present, past, and future.
1) present ~ used for habits and routines
2)past ~ used for events beginning and ending in the past
3) future ~ used for events that have not yet happened
Note: In casual speech and writing, will and going to are often interchanged. In formal writing,
they are different. Will is used when referring to the future with certainty. Going to is used to refer to planned events.
Example 1) I take the bus when I don't feel like driving.
Example 2) I took my doctor's advice and cut down on sugar.
Example 3) I will take a trip to Italy next year.
Practice these ideas of time using English structures and accurate communication.
2) Correct the Sentences ~
Correct the sentences and rewrite them. Discuss. Correct answers are on the next page.
Example 1) I ate the medicine my doctor prescribed.
Example 2) I didn't see nobody at the bus stop today.
Example 3) I like so much the weather in spring.
2) Corrections ~
Correction 1) I took the medicine my doctor prescribed.
Correction 2) I didn't see anybody at the bus stop today.
Correction 3) I like the weather in spring so much.
3) Brainstorming Words ~ Text Messaging
From one student to the next, think of a word and tell the class then the teacher will
write the list on the board. Next, students make sentences using words as they like.
Take a few minutes and share. The teacher will provide edits and conversation.
4) Dictation Questions ~
Write the questions dictated by the teacher then discuss the questions.
5) Diary ~
Write a memory from your past (any time in the past). It could be about your family, friends, a song,
a meal, a movie, a painful experience, a fun event, a book, internet content, or anything else.
6) Describe the Picture ~
Write about the picture, then make corrections together and discuss with the class.
© COPYRIGHT The Language Works and its licensors 2006 ~ 2023. All rights reserved.